The Silicon Valley Association of Startup Entrepreneurs will hold another CXO Leadership Forum for Startup Executives on May 11, 2011. The Leadership Forum luncheons are held each month for 25 CXO executives in emerging and funded startups. In the upcoming forum, Dan Grosh of Boyden along with other guest speakers will discuss how to become a Top Investor Magnet.
Date: 11 May 2011
Location: Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP, 390 Lytton Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94301
Audience: This event is a collegial luncheon designed to foster discussion in a confidential format among founders, officers and managers (CEO, CFO, CTO, CMO) of startup technology companies
Investors always say that a successful startup is more about the people than it is about the idea. Great people can take a mediocre idea, and make it a success, while mediocre people can take a great idea and make it a failure. So finding the right co-founder, and early team members, might just be more important than your product, market, or investors.
So how do you go about becoming a talent magnet, attracting top notch people who actively want to join your startup?
· What do early team members get excited about – me, the idea, the money they are going to make, or what?
· So what do I & my startup need to look like to start attracting people?
· Do I need to go out & beat the bushes to scare up some prospects, or do I wait for them to come to me?
· How can I talk about my idea with people I don’t know? Won’t someone try to rip it off?
· I’m a business person, how will I know if the tech guys & gals I’m attracting know their stuff? (10 years with Java!)
· I’m a tech person, how will I know if the business people I’m attracting know their stuff? (Harvard MBA!)
· What equity should I be looking to offer to co-founders and early employees?
· They seem really keen to join, how long do I give it before making them an offer?
Guest Speakers will explore these questions, and more, to help you understand how to become a Top Investor Magnet.
Guest Speakers: Dan Grosh of Boyden global executive search, others TBA
This event is a collegial luncheon designed to foster discussion in a confidential format among founders, officers and managers (CEO, CFO, CTO, CMO) of startup technology companies. We request that participants be involved in the management of a technology company.
This event is co-sponsored by Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP,http://www.sheppardmullin.com.