The Executive Director is accountable to the Board of Directors for the overall strategic direction and operational management of the organization.
Key responsibilities include bringing a collective voice of the university CIOs to current issues and emerging trends in the sector, ensuring the continued and effective exchange of information and best practices within the broader university IT community, and facilitating the partnerships needed to assist members in addressing their common and shared challenges.
The Executive Director ensures that the organization is positioned to meet the needs of its members by providing clear strategic direction, proactively responding to key issues and ensuring the efficient and professional operation of the organization.
- Prepares and manages the affairs of CUCCIO in accordance with an annual operating plan and budget.
- Is accountable for the effective management and delivery of all administrative and operational activities of CUCCIO.
- Manages all staff: employs and discharges all employees; defines the duties of employees; supervises employee performance, titles and job descriptions.
- Provides relevant and timely advice and direction to the Chair and where appropriate the members of the Executive in relation to administrative and operational matters pertaining to the running of CUCCIO.
- Initiates the strategic planning process, and involves the Board in the development and periodic review of a strategic plan and implements the strategic plan.
- Oversees the management of the finances of the organization.
- Implements efficient and adequate financial and management controls, information systems and management practices.
- Ensures compliance with all relevant financial and legal requirements as applicable.
- Ensures that all members are kept informed of issues and policies that may affect them through the proactive exchange of information.
- Ensures that the channels of communication to and from CUCCIO are reliable, consistent and supportive of all members.
- Maintains a watching brief across the sector and builds a broad knowledge of the activities, trends and issues of concern and interest to the CIOs and the CUCCIO community
- Provides high-level advice and support to CIOs on a broad range of topics and activities.
- Facilitates collaboration in the CUCCIO community (i.e., between and in activities and areas of similar interest or concern).
- Serves as an ex-officio member of Board committees and subcommittees.
- Coordinates preparation of board materials.
- Implements decisions and policies of the board.
- Provides information and advice to the Board at large in its deliberations and decisions.
- Keeps the Chair and Board informed; seeks advice from Board on pertinent matters. Works closely with the Board on issues that require frequent/immediate attention.
- Develops strategic relationships and liaises regularly with key individuals in other relevant higher education-related associations, government agencies and industry.
- Coordinates the development of a collective perspective or responses to specific requests and/or general calls for input.
- Maintains a watching brief across the sector and external stakeholders; identifies, recommends, and facilitates the appropriate action, response or engagement with/for CUCCIO.
- Ensures that the Council’s website, online communication tools and social media sites are current and dynamic.
Business Managers (as a Contract for Service)
National Program Coordinator
Board of Directors via the Chair and Executive
Thank you for your consideration of this opportunity. To apply to this position, click the Submit CV button below. Please note accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process.